The perfect climate, fertile soil and skilled hands make the Tuscan extra virgin olive oil (EVO) one of the most appreciated in Italy and beyond.
Special Offer Luxury Fall
Tuscany & Olive Oil, an ancient love
Prices are shown below.
This offer includes
- Soft Drinks included in the minibar in your room
- Free bikes at disposal
- Bottle of Prosecco in your room upon arrival
- 1 Aperitif per person at our Red Rabbit
- Complimentary Premium Breakfast (selection of some additional dishes included)
- For those who book the Full Board rate, reserved table with service and lunch with sea view
Tuscany's EVO Oil
Discover the flavours and fragrances of one of the most beloved products of our land
The season for the grape harvest
November, according to tradition, is the month of the olive harvest in Tuscany. However, it could happen to see workers and equipment in the fields already in the second half of October.
The climate in this period is quite variable. Usually, it’s possible to enjoy beautiful sunny days, with pleasant temperatures, but it is not uncommon to also have some days that feel like winter days has arrived.
Get to know the oil producers of the Maremma
Among the most well-known producers on the national olive oil scene is Giorgio Franci, who in 2019 won the award for the best company of the year.
Frantoio Franci is a reality that does not need many presentations, a company with large numbers and always a reference for local producers. In the heart of Val d’Orcia, Giorgio lovingly tends his 15 thousand plants on 65 hectares of land. In Maremma, however, it’s easy to find good extra virgin olive oil, in addition to specialized stores in typical products, many farms often sell their own oil.
Taste Tuscan EVO oil
When we talk about a new Tuscan EVO oil, “fresh” from the mill, there are some simple traditional recipes that allow us to taste it at its best.
- Tuscan “fettunta”: in Tuscany we call “fettunta” the classic slice of roasted bread seasoned with oil. It is a dish as simple as perfect to taste the new oil.
- Boiled beans or “al fiasco”: there are various ways to boil beans, some use the classic fagioliera (or “fiasco”), others the terracotta pot, others the pressure cooker, others any pot suitable for long cooking. When you serve them, a splash of new oil, a sprinkle of pepper and they are ready to be enjoyed!
Did you know that…
The extra virgin olive oil of Maremma Toscana owes its success mainly to the characteristics of the territory where it is cultivated, but also to the environmental situation that make it very difficult to mechanize the harvesting of olives, favouring hand picking. Besides these aspects, there are also poor weather conditions, such as the frequent winter frosts, which inevitably lead to an almost maniacal (and definitely expensive) care of the olive groves by farmers, farms and small peasants.
The result is an extra virgin olive oil of the highest quality, with a delicious taste and very low acidity rates, ideal to use raw on food, healthy for the balance of diets (especially Mediterranean) and extremely digestible.
Come and try the newest resort in Tuscany, surrounded by 5 hectares of pine forest, exclusive and reserved beach, swimming pool and gourmet restaurant facing the sea.