When we welcome you to our resort, we undertake to provide you with a safe environment in line with Italy’s protocols for combatting COVID-19.
We carefully observe the decrees issued by the Italian government and local health authorities, as well as those of the World Health Organization. We are, therefore, strictly adhering to the directives imposed.
Our Task Force, which is composed of experts, both internal and external, in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel organisation, has redefined our standards of cleanliness, safety and service, creating an action plan for managing the entire project.
We actively monitor and update our solutions to ensure constant attention to the health and safety of our guests and employees.
The health of our guests and employees is of primary importance to us.
These simple rules apply at all times within The Sense Experience Resort. Please abide by them; it is our commitment to your and our health:
- Hands: wash your hands often with soap and water or sanitising gel;
- Avoid contact: we’ll eventually get back to hugging and shaking hands, but for now say hello while maintaining a safe distance;
- Eyes, nose, and mouth: avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth without first washing your hands;
- Social distancing: always maintain the minimum safety distance of 1.8m;
- Coughing and sneezing: cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or the crook of your elbow every time you cough or sneeze;
- Face mask: always wear protective measures.
Social distancing and hygiene standards
You are always guaranteed your own space within our large structure. Our employees respect the safety distance of 1 metre between themselves and guests and we have equipped all the rooms with adequate communications for guests.
Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed at the entrance to all enclosed spaces and you can request gloves and masks directly in the room.
Our front desk is fitted with protective screens and encourages online check in/check out procedures, as well as digital communication systems for inquiries or booking services.
Our team implements cleaning and sanitising protocols after you leave the room and before the arrival of the next guests, paying particular attention to objects that are touched most frequently.
- The normal room procedure is supplemented with the sanitisation procedure.
- Sanitisation is carried out using products such as ethanol at concentrations of 70% or chlorine-based products at a concentration of 0.1%-0.2% or other disinfectants which combat viruses. For this reason, the following are used:
- Biocide product based on Triamine, fungicide, bactericide and virucide for pillows, mattress covers, curtains and sofas;
- Alcohol and active oxygen-based product for furniture applied with a microfibre cloth;
- Active oxygen-based product for the bathroom applied with a microfibre cloth;
- Chlorine-based product for floors with dedicated cloth;
- The Triamine-based biocide, fungicide, bactericide and virucide product is applied using hand sprayers.
- Bed and bath linen are ironed at a temperature above 182 degrees, and then automatically packaged without human contact.
Cleaning and sanitising equipment includes microfibre cloths and floor mops.
Cleaning and sanitising staff in the rooms and communal areas use the following additional personal protective equipment:
- Disposable gloves;
- Nitrile gloves for making the beds;
- Surgical mask;
- Closed footwear which can be sanitised;
- Long-sleeved uniforms.
Even though COVID-19 is not airborne, but from person-to-person, we pay attention, as we do normally, to monitoring the condition of filters, maintaining the proper indoor air exchange rate, and ensuring that the ventilation and air exchange systems are functioning properly.
- An initial sanitisation of the air conditioning systems was performed prior to opening;
- Periodic sanitisation is performed during the season;
- All sanitisation procedures are logged;
- In all rooms, where present, air recirculation has been deactivated if it does not occur completely from the outside.
Park and communal areas
We have increased the frequency with which communal areas are cleaned and disinfected, especially the objects and places of greatest contact and most frequently used, such as the reception desk, elevators and their buttons, door handles, public restrooms, as well as room key cards.
You can move freely in our large park, avoiding crowds and wearing a mask.
- Communal areas are periodically ventilated;
- Floors are washed and sanitised with 2% sodium hypochlorite solution.
- Furniture and all contact surfaces are cleaned using normal periodic cleaning procedures and then, sanitised with 60-80% concentration hydroalcoholic solution.
- All instruments used for cleaning are sanitised after use in 2% sodium hypochlorite solution for at least 10 minutes.
- All sanitisation operations are recorded on paper or using a computer log with our management software.
In the areas occupied by employees working “behind the scenes”, we have increased the frequency of cleaning, focusing in particular on the most frequently touched areas, such as staff entrances, locker rooms, laundries and offices.
Our employees always wear a mask and, in some cases, gloves, face shield, hair cap and shoe covers.
Lastly, our staff completes a self-declaration form each day stating that they do not have Covid-19 symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone infected with Covid.
Swimming pool and beach
From this summer, there is more space to enjoy the sun by the pool or on the beach. The beach umbrellas are, in fact, more widely spaced out and our bar staff serves guests directly at their sunbeds to avoid gatherings.
- In order to ensure a level of protection from infection, we verify the effectiveness of the water treatment chain and the limit of the free active chlorine parameter in the pool.
- The on-site checks of the above parameters will be performed at least every two hours. All corrective measures are taken promptly in case of non-compliance, as well as observance of the limit values indicated in the reference tables.
- When the pool is opened, the suitability of water for bathing is confirmed after carrying out an analysis on the chemical and microbiological parameters referred to in Table A of Annex 1 to the Italian States-Regions-Autonomous Provinces Agreement of 16.01.2003, carried out by a specific laboratory. The laboratory tests are repeated throughout the opening of the pool to the public on a monthly basis.
Spacing between tables is always observed in our restaurants. We have redesigned the layout of our breakfast buffet so that our guests can avoid gatherings. The buffet is now served and all supports are properly equipped with plexiglass screens.
All rooms are properly sanitised according to procedure.
At the entrance, guests must sanitise their hands with 70% hydroalcoholic solution and wear a face mask. In the bathrooms reserved for guests, access is only allowed to one person at a time. Hands must be sanitised on entry and exit.