We at The Sense Experience Resort, on our beautiful coast of the Tuscan Maremma, believe in the creation of a sustainable system in terms of environment and social aspect, and we believe that everyone plays a fundamental role in this regard, which is why we want to express our commitment.
- Water osmosis: production of drinking water from brackish water. The overall figure is about 19,000 cubic meters per year, or 19,000,000 litres, which supports over 90% of our water needs.
- Water recovery: recovery of rainwater and pool wastewater for irrigation use.
- Water saving systems.
- No use of fossil fuels.
- Remote control of technical systems.
- Use of raw materials with a short supply chain by purchasing local products.
- Use of compostable crockery and cutlery for composting food waste from the kitchen and other F&B departments.
- Over 70% of our waste is recycled and disposed of by type, approximately 63,000 kg per year.
In the rooms
- Please use water sparingly to avoid waste. Leave the towels you want to change inside the shower and those you want to reuse on the towel holders or shelves.
- Please pour dirty water down the drain to facilitate purification through the wastewater network.
- Please avoid pouring unsuitable substances into sinks, showers, and toilets, even if in minimal quantities.
- Recycling is a good habit to keep even on vacation: we ask our guests to throw the waste in the appropriate containers, diversifying by type of material.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the hotel.
- Please always keep devices that generate sounds or noises at a low volume and turn them off during rest hours.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning products whenever possible.
Using bicycles and public transport is a smart way to avoid traffic, parking problems, and pollution. Bicycles for short trips are available to customers at our hotel.
Become an active part of our commitment to the environment.
Let’s help this beautiful planet together.
Are you with us?